Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth!!!



Wow, where has the time gone? It has been over 1 year since I last blogged. Hope everyone had a happy 4th of July! We did not have anything planned so we spent the afternoon building a table.

A couple of years ago we replaced the front porch. I knew that the post would be good for something, they have been gathering dust out in the barn for over 2 years.

I convinced Nick to help me. He wasn't too thrilled with the idea but went along with it. I measured, he cut.



Here are all the boards cut. We didn't have a plan. We just knew we needed so many boards for each length. When we found two that were pretty close, we went with that measurement. I would have like for the table to be a little longer, but wanted to use what we had and not spend any $$$$.


Next we screwed the side boards to the post. I think it looks great!! Jeff helped us put it together, the screws were a little hard to get through the wood.
And here it is with the top on.

Here is the after! Took us 3 hours from start to finish and I have $0 in it, just a bunch of old wood my husband wanted to throw away. Once the table is painted it is going to look FANTASTIC!!!< I'm thinking maybe I want to paint it black, that would look great at our Halloween party. Or maybe white and crackle it with black showing through.

1 comment:

Rachael Havens said...

You make it look so EASY!! Looks like a fun table. Can't wait to see what you do!