Thursday, February 12, 2009

Out of this world Valentine

I thought I would show you the Valentine box we made for my boys several years ago. It is on its last leg, we have used this box year after year. We have a bad habit of making things the night before we need them, and this is what we came up with. It was very simple to make. We used an oatmeal box wrapped with tissue paper that we cut to make to look like fringe, a funnel wrapped in foil for the top, and cardboard wrapped in foil for legs.
We used wire garland with stars, it is suppose to be smoke. The legs are cardboard, foil and stickers. We cut tissue paper in strips and then cut to look like fringe.
Instead of store bought cards, we made our own. The ones we handed out were similar to these but the space ship was red instead of blue. The inside reads, "Valentine, you are out of this world!" The stamps used were Close To My Heart.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute ideas, thanks for sharing. My son would love the spaceship idea.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh that's so sweet. It might be falling apart but you should hold on to it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Charleston photos. I will post more of those next wed just for you! ;-)