Monday, January 5, 2009

A day ice skating


Yesterday was the last day of Christmas vacation and I promised Nick we would go skating one day. Of course we waited until the last day when the temp. was 23 degrees with a windchill of 12 degrees. On the way up to the city, Nick asked if we were both going to skate with him. My husband says he has bad ankles and can't skate,(sounds like an excuse to me) I haven't skated in almost 30 years, so I wasn't really thrilled with skating. Not wanting him to skate by himself, I told him I would skate. Let's just say, I will never critique figure skating on t.v. again. It would be hard to say what the professionals are doing wrong when I never let go of the wall. Once the little kids came and were zooming all around me, I decided I was done.

We were cold, our ears hurt, what better way to warm up than to head across the street to Cheesecake Factory. Once inside and looking through the glass at all the cheesecake, we forgot all about being cold.



In case anyone cares, we had the SNICKERS BAR CHUNKS AND CHEESECAKE -Snickers Bar Baked right into Creamy Cheesecake and Topped with Fudge and Caramel. Mmmmmm so good.

1 comment:

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Hey Wendy!
You are making me hungry with that cheesecake picture!

The beadboard in the dining room was super easy. We used the long planks as opposed to the panels and they go up quickly. My husband staggered the seams so they weren't in the same spot across the ceiling. The same way a hardwood floor would be installed. You can see the seams but they look like they are supposed to be there. We also left some of the knots alone that were showing through the paint, as well as some of the pieces with imperfections. I like the character it gives.