Friday, January 9, 2009

Declutter Friday

Since I have started blogging, Declutter Friday is my favorite part of the week to blog. For one, an area in my house gets cleaned and organized, and two, I love looking at before and after pictures.

This week I had a little bit of trouble, I didn't have anything to clean out and organize. Sure I have areas that I keep the door closed when company comes, but for declutter Friday I wanted something small that would take me less than 15 min.

Being the "neat freak" and "everything in its place" kind of guy my husband is, I decided to ask him if he had something he wanted cleaned. Yep, he sure did, his top drawer of his night stand. And oh my, did it need cleaning.
You know how everyone has a junk drawer to throw their stuff they don't know what to do with? This is his junk drawer. When he comes home at night he throws his change, keys, receipts from the day, pens, phone numbers, you name it, it is in there.

You know we always have to get a pic. of the mess dumped out.Remember last week when I said I'm always buying black Sharpie pens because I can never find them? Look at the top right of the pic. I have another one to add to my collection.

15 mins. later he has a clean drawer. Most of it went into the trash. Amazing what we found. A charger to a flashlight he was getting ready to throw away, because he couldn't charge it. We also found $30.64 in change, 5 lighters for burning brush piles, a half a dozen chap sticks, 12-15 knives and the list goes on and on.

No comments: