Friday, January 16, 2009

A day of shopping

Yesterday I came home with a car load of goodies. My friend Cindy and I went to town to get things for my new hall. I wanted to do all black and white. It was so much fun shopping. And it was even better since Cindy was there to help me. When it comes to things like this, she is the person to take with you. She has a way with picking out and displaying things. We bought frames, mirrors, shelves, letters, finials etc.
All photos for the hall I had printed in black and white. Here's Cindy framing them.
I had things that were not black, so out came the spray paint. This is a little mirror I had that was framed in a wood frame, now it is black. I must say, I like it so much more black.
And of course I have to have some of these in the hall. I think I have them in every room. I don't have any in black, so the can of spray paint gave them a new paint job too. Nothing in this house was safe from the paint.

Check back Monday morning. I'm posting it on "Taking Naps on the Porch's" Metamorphosis Monday

6 comments:

Will said...

I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all put together! :)
I saw your comment on my blog about the trim - we actually made it. It's just MDF. We had extra scrap on hand and wanted an exact look and dimension (as well as the groove cut into the top) so it worked out better for us that way. I keep thinking about your hallway! I love how it looks so far! My husband was even impressed with the change you've made! :) Looks great!

~ Karla

Karla said...

Sorry, Wendy! That comment made by "Will" was actually me! I didn't realize that I was signed in on my husbands account!

~ Karla :)

mimi charmante said...

Can't wait to see what you do with this!
Fabulous blog,
K.

Melissa Miller said...

I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU BOUGHT! :)

cherry said...

Love your blog! I would love to have all that scrap space! cherry

Connie said...

Hi Wendy, You know I would have my mirror framed by now if I didn't spend so much time on this computer. I just feel like sitting these cool days.
Need to get the adrenaline going next week. Love your projects !!