Saturday, March 14, 2009

Boys' Bathroom- Frame the Mirror

Today I framed the mirror. My mirror is 4' x 3' and I have less than $40.00 in this project.

Here's the before, Boring!

And here is the after. I can't believe the difference. Oops, sorry about the white boards to the left of the picture, I should have moved them.

And here is how you frame your mirror. It is so simple you will want to frame every mirror you own. I buy the little, fancy squares so I don't have to do a lot of angle cutting. By using the squares you can make a straight cut.

Here you can see I have all of my boards cut the length I need. Next place your vel-cro to the back. You don't need much, this stuff will stick FOREVER! I have it in my master bath and tried to pull it off a couple of months ago to take a picture. I didn't think I would ever get it pulled off.

Then just stick it up. How simple is that?

And you end up with this.


The only things I have left to do in here is hang the new light fixture above the mirror and find some boards for my shelves. Check back Monday. I'm going to try and post it on Metamorphosis Monday.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fantastic! It's starting to look like a clubhouse room, very masculine and everything is really cohesive in the design. I really like this project and it's been fun to watch it evolve!

Screaming Meme said...

Im so excited! Velcro? You are amazing, hone...I wish we lived closer...I think we have so much in common! :) I wanted to make sure I told you about the Grand Opening over at the Project...It starts Monday...I hope to see you there! :) Meme

Screaming Meme said...

Actually would you like to be a guest writer on the Project for this project? It is so amazing? Let me know! I love your style! meme

Tanielle said...

That looks so great! I love the frame around the mirror, what a super cute idea!! Wow lady, you have been busy!!!

Have a great rest of your Saturday!

Anonymous said...

That bathroom is looking great!!! I know you have put a lot of hard work into it and it shows dahling!!!

Screaming Meme said...

Great! Can you do it for Wed Decorating Section? If not the next Wed?...email me and let me know! meme.screamingmeme@gmail.com

Thanks again! Meme

Karla said...

The bathroom looks awesome, Wendy! You must be thrilled with it! I wish I could see it in person, but your pictures are great! What do your boys think of it?

Hey, thanks so much for the comment you left on my blog! I actually did not realize that my room was your inspiration, but I am totally flattered! :) Seriously, you made my day!

And CONGRATS on being a guest writer!!! That is SO cool!! :) Can't wait to read it!

Have a great weekend!

~Karla @ It's The Little Things...

Debbie said...

I love it. It's looking great. I'm totally inspired to redo my bathroom right now. I love the velcro idea. Great job. Debbie

KayBee01 said...

Hi: Just found this post. I have the same mirror in my bathroom and was wondering how to frame it. Could you please tell me exactly what materials you used? Hope you don't mind my asking.

Karen