Monday, March 23, 2009

Memo Boards


Have you seen the Memo Boards on all the blogs? They are cheap, easy and you can make one in less than 10 mins. Here is my first attempt.

I had a huge blank wall in my pantry. I really wasn't sure what I wanted to hang in there. I knew I did not want a big piece of art or a mirror. I was thinking about going to a thrift store and buying a neat old frame and painting it black and putting a cork board in the middle.

The other day I was reading Nester's Blog and came across her Easy Memo Board. I had everything on hand, except the ring hooks. I found them at Hobby Lobby for $5.99. Over all each board cost under $10.00 to make. When Hobby Lobby has their painter's canvas half off, I'm going back to get one more, maybe 2. I think 3 or 4 boards on the wall would look really nice.

Here's how I started.


First I started with painter's canvas, fabric, ring hooks, ribbon and staple gun.



Then lay your fabric on your canvas and staple to the back. Can't get any easier than that. at this point, you are 3/4 of the way done.


Next put a piece of ribbon through a ring hook and and staple to the back of the frame. You will want to put several hooks on. I stapled some across the top of the back. I also stapled a ribbon going across the board about half way and 3/4 of the way down. I slid my hooks on the ribbon and stapled going across the board. If you enlarge my first picture you might be able to see. (Sorry I don't have a photo of this).

Next find a big blank wall and hang it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable, Wendy. I especially like the fleur de lis touch. :-)

Unknown said...

Very cute idea. Love the hooks.

The Stylish House said...

Hi Wendy,
Great project, I have been wanting to make one so this will help. I spent a bit of time on your blog, rocking out to The Muppet's Wild Thing....who woulda thunk! Too funny. I have a sister named Wendie,,,you know the name Wendy came from The Peter Pan book, it was "invented" then. I learned that on a tour in London..just a wealth of information tonight. Take care, Cathy

Mom in High Heels said...

I love your fabrics. I made 4 of these and hung them in a square in Indy's room for all his photos and stuff. I think it's so cute. Great job on yours.

BRONNY said...

very cute! Thats very exciting your boys went to the supercross, I was disappointed about Travis Prastrana too, especially since he made the track and all. Bryans race was good, until the very end. He pulled the holeshot in both races and won his heat, and in the main he led until the white flag and then a lapper crashed right in front of him. He had fun tho and it was his first ama race in 3 years ( I am just glad he isnt hurt; I hate indoors I think they are dangerous) Oh and we love your blog! -sonny.

Kristens Creations said...

What cute memo boards! Looks like I have another project!lol...

I love the Brighten store too. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I found the cutest purse with a butterfly, but it was around $250!Woah! The jewelry is beautiful too.

There are so many fun things to do there, have you eaten at the mexican place on the Landing? It was fabulous!!

The Soladay Family said...

I am making this little jewel! Thanks for the tutorial!

Lois Christensen said...

What a great idea!! Love your pantry as well! Hope your son's arm heals nicely.

Tanielle said...

Sooo cute!!! You are amazing! The hooks are adorable!

Miss Janice said...

Well, yours are just too pretty and functional!