Friday, December 19, 2008

Declutter Friday



Today is Friday! Declutter Friday!

This week I decluttered the cabinet that store all of my measuring cups, pitchers, water bottles, camera bags and anything else we don't know what to do with. I'm really ashamed at the way my before looks. I didn't realize it was that bad. Once I saw the picture, I can't believe the shape it was in.



Before
OMG! We need the "How clean is your House" people to come!



I had the boys' school papers from the first of the year that we did not need. We had thermos bottles from lunch boxes that are 10 years old, water bottles that never get used and things that have other homes but instead of getting put away, they get thrown up in the cabinet. So I got the trash can and started throwing.......until Jeff came in and insisted we needed the million water bottles, and Zach convinced me that he can not live without his Travis Pastrana thermos (I don't think it ever did get used).

Mental note, clean when everyone is gone.

After


I found things that I had forgotten we had. The candy striped bowl my mom gave me last year for the cheese ball, the green christmas pitcher with holly and the cup and saucer for milk and cookies for Santa that my Aunt Debi gave the boys. Good thing I cleaned, Christmas is just a week away.

We still have the million water bottles, everything else is pretty much gone. I timed myself, this week it took me 11 minutes.

Now go declutter something and leave a comment telling me what you decluttered.

2 comments:

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Great job! I'm going to get on the decluttering train with you today. It's a snow day so we are stuck in. What better way to get things cleaned up around here?!

Trish said...

great job and in only 11 minutes! That's impressive.