Saturday, December 6, 2008

Peppermint pinwheel cookies




The other day I was flipping through my new Southern Living Magazine and came across these cookies. I just had to make them, I knew they would be a big hit. Well, when I read the recipe and came across the "roll out" part, I should have just turned the page and never looked back. Half way through, I kept thinking how crazy I was for doing this and that I would never make them again.

Well gosh darn it, they did turn out cute and my kids loved them. No sooner would I have a pan out of the oven and iced, they were gone. The nice thing about this recipe is, you can make several batches, roll them up and stick them in the freezer. I made them on Thursday and pulled them out and baked on Friday. I only had to cut in slices and they were in the oven within a couple of minutes.

If I do make them again, I will probably just make the regular cake icing, powdered sugar, Crisco, milk, vanilla, salt, instead of the cream cheese icing. My kids liked the icing, but it was a little too soft and thin for my liking.


Peppermint Pinwheel cookies http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1860238


Frosting
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1860239

1 comment:

Linda said...

Cool! Thanks for posting...I'm looking for something *new* to make for Christmas baking.