Monday, December 29, 2008
New Year party favors
Found this inexpensive and easy to make party favor at BHG site, everyone young and old will love it.
You will need
Paper towel tubes
small treasures, candy, confetti
1. Make sure the paper towel tube is clean inside and out. Cut tubes to measure approximately 6 inches long; then cut each tube in half.
2. Cut a piece of wrapping paper that is 11 x 6 inches. Center pieces of tube side by side on paper, leaving a 1-inch space between the tubes. Wrap paper around tubes and secure with tape.
3. Tie one end of the paper with curling ribbon. Fill the tube through the open end with candy,bounce balls, coins just about anything that will fit. For New years it would be neat to fill with fun shaped, multi-colored confetti. (Might not be fun cleaning up). Tie the remaining end shut. Use scissors to curl the ends of the ribbon.
4. Have guests break tubes in half to find goodies inside.
Here's another favor I found on the BHG site.
What You Need:
See-through plastic ornaments (available at crafts stores)
Calligraphy pen or colored marker
8-1/2 x 11 sheets of art paper (amount needed will vary depending on how many fortunes you are making)
Fortunes or inspirational quotes
1. Cut strips of paper 1-2 inches long (or as needed to fit in ornaments) and 8-1/2 inches wide.
2. Write a fortune or quote on each strip of paper.
3. Roll each fortune into a small scroll and tie with curling ribbon, leaving ends of ribbon long.
4. Place 1 fortune into each ornament. Allow excess curling ribbon to trail out of ornament.
5. Pile the bubbles in a basket or glass bowl.
6. Let each guest choose a bubble and read their fortune aloud to the group.